UM regulations require that all first-year students be residential in the college, and actively participate therein. For upper class students, all requests for moving out college during the academic year, a case-by-case approval system should be in place and be subject to the final approval by the respective College Master. Students can either submit the request via email: by using  UM webmail or come in person to the office: S9-G016. Move-out interview will be arranged after request. Approval from Master should be granted before move-out.


College move-out procedure:

1. Appointment

Please bring along student card and approach to the office of Shiu Pong College for the move-out appointment during office hours or by replying this email. Students are encouraged to make appointment at the earliest convenience with three working days in advance and move-out should be processed during office hours on working days.

2. After appointment, students should:

  • Remove all personal belongings and garbage, otherwise, Garbage Removal Fee will be imposed
  • Restore the room as its original condition, otherwise, Cleaning Fee will be imposed
  • Clear the common area (eg. bathroom) even other students in the same room have not move out yet

3. Approach to Office for move out according to the appointment date and time

  • Please bring along the student card.
  • Please fill up the move-out form.
  • Staff/student trainee will check the conditions of the room and equipment with student. Students need to compensate damaged or lost property in the room if there is any.
  • Staff/student trainee record the electricity (and/or water) meter reading for excess usage cost
  • Students should return the room key card to the staff/student trainee


Points to note:

  • College move-out normally will be processed during 10:00-12:30 or 14:30-17:00 according to the student trainees’ working hours.
  • Office will be closed every Saturday, Sunday and public holiday.